Current Employment Postings:
- Design/Production (Contract)
- Production Coordinator (Full Time)
- Arts Education Coordinator (Full Time)
We are currently accepting resumes in all areas of design for Season 38. Designers and technicians in all areas of production are welcome to submit your resume and portfolio (or link to your online portfolio) to email@example.com for consideration.
This support position will be responsible for assisting Milagro’s artistic director and staff in production operations.
- Background in theatre production
- Leadership ability
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to create agendas and meet deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
The Miracle Theatre Group aka Milagro strives to create quality theatrical events. Quality is required throughout the ongoing process of theatrical production, from selecting plays to the dismantling of a production. As a collaborative endeavor, many individuals are involved in theatrical production, hired mostly on a contractual basis. The Production Coordinator is a liaison between the Milagro and its production contractors and employees, to ensure smooth operations for all involved. Activities include:
- Liaison with production staff to facilitate operations, create and meet deadlines
- Maintain production personnel files (director, designer, performer, technician contracts, headshots/resumes, contact sheets, bios, address books, etc
- Maintain production folders, and archive materials at the completion of each production (photos, press releases, scripts, etc.)
- Maintain and collect personnel information for production programs
- Interview and hire technicians, production staff
- Support technicians and production staff by gathering necessary materials
- Schedule production meetings and provide production calendars
- Create and maintain general production schedule for the season
- Manage facilities rentals, contracts, schedules, and distribution of keys
- Update and manage production budget (receipts, reimbursements, etc.)
- Update and maintain facilities information, provide training as needed
- Provide training for technicians new to Milagro
- Maintain organization of prop room stock
- Support marketing by providing information for press releases, website, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Pay rate & benefits: This is a full-time permanent position with an annual salary of $33,280 and includes health benefits, paid vacation, and holidays.
How to Apply: Send your resume, cover letter, and (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Production Coordinator position. No phone calls, please. Applications will be considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.
Arts Education Coordinator
Teatro Milagro’s Arts Education Coordinator will work with the Teatro Milagro Artistic Director to manage both internal and external education programs. This is an in-person job with office hours Monday through Friday from 9 to 5 at Milagro, or in schools, with occasional weekend hours. Day-to-day duties include contacting schools, managing schedules, and coordinating school activities.
The Arts Education Coordinator reports to the Artistic Director.
- Coordination of school residencies, workshops, lecture demonstrations, professional training programs, and all activities for schools and communities.
- Leading play rehearsals, and performing with Teaching Artists in educational plays at school residencies
- Manage all Tour activity, including scheduling, coordinating the set-up of performance space, creating anecdotal reports, leading workshops, etc.
- Pre-Tour preparation, ensuring that every venue receives the proper advance packet, which includes digital copies of invoice, press release, flyer, photos, study guide, technical set-up sheet, and light cue sheet.
- Contacting schools.
- Managing Schedules; performance, workshops, rehearsal, etc.
A minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Theatre Arts with emphasis on arts education, or related work experience. Spanish proficiency desirable.
Related arts education teaching in schools, working with POC youth a plus. Native speakers of Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Pay Rate and Benefits: This position has a starting salary of $36,000 with benefits including vacation, health insurance and retirement.
How to Apply: Send your resume, cover letter, and (3) references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Education Coordinator position. No phone calls, please. Applications will be considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.