Current Employment Postings:
- Marketing & Communications Associate (Full Time)
- Associate Artistic Director (Full Time)
- Production Coordinator (Full Time)
Marketing & Communications Associate
The Marketing & Communications Manager develops and executes the overall marketing strategy for the company, ensures brand identity, advertising, promotions, external communications and public relations activities, including community outreach, sponsorship connections and social media. In addition, this position manages and trains the box office team, collaborates on development efforts, and provides administrative support. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Marketing | Publicity | Brand Management
- Devises and implements comprehensive annual marketing strategy, including budget.
- Establishes and implements marketing and media planning strategies for all productions and programs of the organization.
- Sets achievable timeline schedule for all deadlines and deliverables.
- Coordinates and schedules student matinees, tours and complimentary tickets.
- Implements and coordinates design, production and distribution ofall collateral material, including season brochure, production postcards, programs, posters, ads, and stationery.
- Works with vendors to ensure timely delivery of all collateral materials.
- Conceptualizes and coordinates publicity and production photoshoots.
- Seeks new sponsorship opportunities and allies.
- Guarantees and maintains visual brand and institutional voice.
- Coordinates external outreach and tabling events (conferences, fairs, meetings, etc.).
Communications | Media
- Develops and maintains relationships with the press, including art editors and vendors.
- Writes and coordinates press releases, requests for information, and interviews.
- Coordinates and develops media sponsorship strategies and advertising, both for print and online.
- Manages, creates content, and maintains organization social media platforms.
- Responsible for writing, designing, and distribution of bi-weekly newsletter and blog.
Box Office | Administrative support
- Manages box office sales and patron database.
- Develops ticket sales, group, and subscription strategies.
- Assists with producing and promoting events.
- Supports volunteer recruitment and coordination.
- Answers the phones and provides other administrative support as needed.
Pay rate: $33,280 – $35,600 per year
How to Apply: Reply with your resume, cover letter and (3) references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Marketing &Communications Manager position. No phone calls please. Applications will be considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.
Associate Artistic Director
The Associate Artistic Director works directly with the Executive Artistic Director to deliver an exciting season of programming. They serve as associate producer for Milagro MainStage espectáculo productions, support Teatro Milagro touring and arts education programming where necessary, and play a lead role in Milagro’s community engagement activities, managing relationships with key community partners and expanding the work of Milagro’s mission.
They will be a key voice in season planning, an ambassador for the organization, both locally and nationally. Additional opportunities are available to direct/perform/design in the season, depending on skill set.
We are looking for someone who leads with authenticity and integrity, and values working collaboratively as part of a tight knit team. While the job is particularly suited for candidates with a producing or directing background, we are open to applications from across the field of theatre and can tailor the position for the right candidate.
Position: Associate Artistic Director
Location: Portland, Oregon
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: $42,000 annual (with 3% annual cost of living increase) + 3 weeks paid time off, health care, retirement
Reporting Relationship: The Associate Artistic Director (AAD) reports to the Executive Artistic Director (EAD).
Start Date: October 2021
Procedure for Application:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: Milagro AAD Search
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Artistic Administration/General Producing
- Participate in Season planning, including reading scripts, and generating ideas for production
- Assist with the creation of annual budget
- Communicate directly with playwrights, literary agents, producers and other theatre peers
- Serve as key artistic support “in the room” for tech rehearsals and previews of MainStage productions
- WIth the support of staff, manage and maintain artistic digital files
- Support marketing, education, and development activities as appropriate
- Participate in short term and long-term institutional planning
- Assist EAD and Teatro Milagro Artistic Director in developing multi-faceted community engagement programs
- Produce wrap-around programming as appropriate (including post show talk backs, pre-show events, artist conversations etc.)
- Regularly scout local talent by attending productions and auditions
- Serve as point of contact for incoming artists (including directors, musical directors, choreographers etc.) communicating dates and auditions details
Specific roles of the AAD, often in close collaboration with the Executive Artistic Director, include
- Support and articulate creative vision for the organization that inspires and motivates the Board, artists, staff, volunteers, and all other participants in this theater.
- Support the development and production of the organization’s season so that the level of artistry, meaning, relevance, and the shared creative experience of the work for its audiences becomes even richer, and more fulfilling.
- Take an active interest in the overall organizational needs and dynamics, including strategic planning, fundraising and community engagement.
- Serve as a major public face of Milagro, including, but not solely by, taking an active role in high level cultivation and solicitation of donors.
- Provide leadership to a very inclusive working culture in a way that builds trust and encourages independent and creative decisions by the entire professional team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to set direction, inspire others, and maintain a very strong working culture—such leadership could certainly be demonstrated by holding comparable posts before now, but also through prior project leadership and other means.
- A track record of making high quality work.
- Creative thinking for leading a Latino-identified theatre company.
- Natural ability to motivate others to participate, support, and advocate for Milagro, including in public representation and in fundraising; prior experience in both will be preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Ideally bilingual in English & Spanish.
- Curiosity about, and preferably a track record in, organizational dynamics—how to enable best practice and results among staff, the members of the Board, and, among the artists.
The ideal candidate will also have many, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- A genuine belief in the core values that animate this organization, including a passionate belief in the power of the arts to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
- A commitment and strong connection to Latino arts, culture, and heritage which are Milagro’s foundation.
- A respect for the diversity of backgrounds and voices.
- A commitment to nurturing emerging artists and creating new art.
- A warm and engaging personality so that the greatest range of people will feel very welcome at this theater.
This support position will be responsible for assisting Milagro’s artistic director and staff in production operations.
- Background in theatre production
- Leadership ability
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to create agendas and meet deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
The Miracle Theatre Group aka Milagro strives to create quality theatrical events. Quality is required throughout the ongoing process of theatrical production, from selecting plays to the dismantling of a production. As a collaborative endeavor, many individuals are involved in theatrical production, hired mostly on a contractual basis. The Production Coordinator is a liaison between the Milagro and its production contractors and employees, to ensure smooth operations for all involved. Activities include:
- Liaison with production staff to facilitate operations, create and meet deadlines
- Maintain production personnel files (director, designer, performer, technician contracts, headshots/resumes, contact sheets, bios, address books, etc
- Maintain production folders, and archive materials at the completion of each production (photos, press releases, scripts, etc.)
- Maintain and collect personnel information for production programs
- Interview and hire technicians, production staff
- Support technicians and production staff by gathering necessary materials
- Schedule production meetings and provide production calendars
- Create and maintain general production schedule for the season
- Manage facilities rentals, contracts, schedules, and distribution of keys
- Update and manage production budget (receipts, reimbursements, etc.)
- Update and maintain facilities information, provide training as needed
- Provide training for technicians new to Milagro
- Maintain organization of prop room stock
- Support marketing by providing information for press releases, website, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Pay rate & benefits: This is a full-time permanent position with an hourly rate of $16.00 ($33,280 annual) and includes health benefits, paid vacation, and holidays.
How to Apply: Send your resume, cover letter, and (3) references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Production Coordinator position. No phone calls, please. Applications will be considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.