This support position will be responsible for assisting Milagro’s artistic director and staff in production operations.
- Background in theatre production
- Leadership ability
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to create agendas and meet deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
The Miracle Theatre Group, aka Milagro, strives to create quality theatrical events. Quality is required throughout the ongoing process of theatrical production, from selecting plays to the dismantling of a production. As a collaborative endeavor, many individuals are involved in theatrical production, hired mostly on a contractual basis. The Production Manager is a liaison between the Milagro and its production contractors, to insure smooth operations for all involved. Activities include:
- Liaison with production staff to facilitate operations, create and meet deadlines
- Maintain production personnel files (director, designer, performer, technician contracts, headshots/resumes, contact sheets, bios, address books, etc.)
- Maintain production folders, and archive materials at the completion of each production (photos, press releases, scripts, etc.)
- Maintain and collect personnel information for production programs
- Interview and hire technicians, production staff
- Support technicians and production staff by gathering necessary materials
- Schedule production meetings and provide production calendars
- Serve on play reading committee to choose productions for the next season
- Create general production schedule for the season
- Manage facilities rentals, contracts, schedules, and distribution of keys
- Update and manage production budget (receipts, reimbursements, etc.)
- Update and maintain facilities information, provide training as needed
- Provide training for technicians new to Milagro
- Maintain organization of prop room stock
- Support grant development, through research, contact and writing
- Support marketing by providing information for press releases, website, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Fill in for Production Stage Manager in case of emergency (rehearsals and performances as necessary)
Liaison — PM is responsible for communicating Milagro’s established protocol, procedures and deadlines with production staff. This may require that the PM work with the production staff to develop mutually agreeable deadlines, but in all respects the PM represents the Milagro and communicates its existing requirements. PM responds to production questions, requests, and suggestions on behalf of the company. PM coordinates with Business Manager to track production budgets and reimbursements/payments for designers.
Files — PM maintains organization of production personnel files and contact information (hard copy and electronic versions, as needed) in order to quickly access and facilitate production, contractual, and marketing needs. In addition, PM maintains information about the facility and current technical equipment.
Hiring — PM interviews potential technical staff, to assess experience and potential for production support positions. Positions include but are not limited to, stage management, light board and sound operation, and wardrobe maintenance.
Facility management — PM coordinates schedule of facility usage (stage, rehearsal halls). In addition, PM coordinates rental contracts for the use of facility spaces by outside individuals or organizations. PM communicates Milagro protocol and procedures for space usage, whether by Milagro production staff or renters. PM tracks distribution and return of facility keys.
Training — To facilitate operations and prevent misuse or damage, PM will provide instruction as needed to production staff or renters about the Milagro’s technical equipment.
Prop Room Stock — PM will oversee maintenance (in conjunction with Technical Director) of prop stock, and manage all requests for use by Milagro staff and outside individuals or organizations.
Grant development — PM will support Milagro fundraising goals for programs by researching existing models or other documents that support program structure and intention. PM may also assist in the organization and preparation of materials for grant proposals.
Marketing — PM will support Milagro marketing strategy by providing appropriate and timely information about programs and personnel involved.
Pay rate and benefits
This is a full-time permanent position with an annual salary range of $30,000 to $33,000 (DOE) and includes health benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter and (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Production Manager position. No phone calls please. Applications will be considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.
We are currently accepting resumes in all areas of design for Season 36. Submit your resume and portfolio (or link to your online portfolio) to email@example.com for consideration.
Designers and technicians in all areas of production are always welcome to submit their resume for consideration for the current and/or upcoming seasons. Submit a resume and portfolio (or link to your online portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.